IMG opportunities for joining the specialist ICM training programme
Opportunities exist for IMGs with backgrounds in Anaesthesia, Acute Medicine and Emergency Medicine to apply for an ICM training post at ST3 level.
IMGs should be eligible for GMC registration and have a license to practice, right to work in the UK and must have demonstrable skills in written and spoken English, adequate to enable effective communication about medical topics with patients and colleagues, as assessed by the General Medical Council.
Requirements for candidates with an Anaesthetic background:
- Passed all parts of Primary FRCA (MCQ, OSCE and Viva)
- Core Level Equivalence Certificate after achievement of the minimum clinical learning outcomes as defined by CCT in Anaesthetics training Annex B.
Requirements for candidates with Acute Medicine background:
- MRCP(UK) full diploma.
- Evidence of achievement of Core Medicine Competences at time of application. Acceptable evidence is only permitted via the standard Alternative Certificate of Core Competences.
Requirements for candidates with Emergency Medicine background:
- MRCEM or FRCEM Intermediate by time of appointment.
- Evidence of 36 months training at ST/CT 1, 2 and 3 level in all of the specialties that make up the ACCS and CT3 Emergency Medicine training programme by the time of appointment but must include a minimum 6 months in EM and a