The Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine is pleased to receive applications for Associate Fellowship.
Associate Fellowship is open to medical practitioners holding a substantive or honorary NHS or Defence Medical Services consultant post in the United Kingdom with a sessional or other contracted daytime clinical commitment to Intensive Care Medicine, have successfully completed a national specialty examination in ICM (which may include the European Diploma of Intensive Care) or in the specialty of the Faculty’s Trustee Colleges or Paediatrics (for those undertaking Paediatric Intensive Care Medicine). For the definition of daytime clinical commitment, please see Appendix C in the application form below.
Please Note: FICM Associate Fellows with an Associate-level affiliation with one of the above trustee colleges (such as Associate Fellowship of the RCoA) will pay a lower subscription rate than those with no trustee college affiliation. This is because the FICM receives financial support from its trustee colleges for facilities and services; single registrants must therefore contribute to these costs as already subsidised by those with dual fellowships.
Rights and privileges
Associate Fellowship confers the following rights and privileges:
- use of the post-nominal AFICM and the description 'Associate Fellow of the Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine'
- to attend, speak and vote at General Meetings of the Faculty
- to vote in Faculty elections respective to any residential qualifications
- to be appointed to Committees, Working Parties and other groups of the Faculty
- to be nominated by the Faculty under the auspices of the Royal College of Anaesthetists for appointment to any Advisory Appointment Committee
- to be appointed to a Court of Examiners
- to be appointed a Regional Advisor in Intensive Care Medicine or Faculty Tutor
- to use the facilities of the RCoA buildings
- to attend available Faculty events
- to benefit from the arrangements organised by the Faculty for participating in Continuing Professional Development
Subscription rates can be found here. Associate Fellows with an affiliation to the Royal College of Anaesthetists will have their subscription date (either April or October) alternated with their College subscription. All other applicants will have a subscription date dependent on when their application form is received.
Subscriptions last from the billing dates of April to April and October to October and are not time limited depending on the financial year. As an example, a doctor who applies in February 2016 will be billed for Fellowship in April 2016. They will not be billed again until April 2017.
If you have any problems or queries regarding your application please contact the Faculty.
Please click the links below for the Associate Fellowship application form, Equal Opportunties Monitoring form and accompanying Direct Debit instructions.
Please Note: The application form must be submitted electronically via firstname.lastname@example.org