Fellowship by Examination
Fellowship by Examination is awarded to all applicants who pass the FFICM Final Examination.
For further information on the FFICM examination, please click here.
Rights and privileges
Fellowship confers the following rights and privileges:
- use of the post-nominal FFICM and the description 'Fellow of the Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine'
- to attend, speak and vote at General Meetings of the Faculty
- to be nominated for election to membership of the Board
- to vote in Faculty elections respective to any residential qualifications
- to be appointed to Committees, Working Parties and other groups of the Faculty
- to be nominated by the Faculty under the auspices of the Royal College of Anaesthetists for appointment to any Advisory Appointment Committee
- to be appointed to a Court of Examiners
- to be appointed a Regional Advisor in Intensive Care Medicine or Faculty Tutor
- to use the facilities of the RCoA buildings
- to attend available Faculty events
- to benefit from the arrangements organised by the Faculty for participating in Continuing Professional Development
Subscription rates can be found here. Current Fellows and Members of the Royal College of Anaesthetists will have their subscription date (either April or October) alternated with their College subscription. All other applicants will have a subscription date dependent on when their application form is received.
Subscriptions last from the billing dates of April to April and October to October and are not time limited depending on the financial year. As an example, a doctor who applies in February 2016 will be billed for Fellowship in April 2016. They will not be billed again until April 2017.
If you have any problems or queries regarding your application please contact the Faculty.