The Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine is pleased to receive applications for Pharmacist Membership. Please carefully read the eligibility criteria below and in the attached application before applying.
- be a registered pharmacist in substantive employment in the NHS with a contracted clinical commitment to Critical Care.
- have satisfactorily completed such a period of training or its equivalent as may from time to time be prescribed by the Faculty*;
- be a fit and proper person and be in good standing with the General Pharmaceutical Council;
- have otherwise satisfied the Faculty as to their suitability by the submission of appropriate paperwork relating to the form of application as specified by the Faculty assessors.
*Applicants must hold one of the following qualifications:
(a) have satisfactorily completed UKCPA Assessment to a minimum of Foundation level; or
(b) have successfully completed the Royal Pharmaceutical Society Faculty assessment to at least AS1 Level (with Critical Care as the primary clinical specialty); or
(c) have completed Foundation-Level critical care pharmacy training programme (e.g. Midlands or Sheffield-based Critical Care Pharmacy Foundation-Level packages (or equivalent); or
(d) have completed a Critical Care MSc (e.g. Cardiff or Belfast University); or
(e) have completed a documented Foundation-level critical care pharmacy (or higher) assessment undertaken by an accredited (UKCPA or RPS Faculty member) advanced or consultant-level critical care pharmacist; or
(f) have completed clinical pharmacy diploma with a significant (~3 months; ~10 credits) critical care component (e.g. University of Cardiff); or
(g) three or more years of continuous critical care pharmacy practice (1 WTE pro-rata)
Rights and privileges include the following:
- the description ‘Pharmacist Member of the Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine’;
- to be appointed to Committees, Working Parties and other groups of the Faculty;
- to use the facilities of the RCoA buildings;
- to attend available Faculty events;
- to receive any publications and e-publications of the Faculty.
Subscription rates can be found here. Subscriptions are taken in either April or October dependent on when their application form is received.
Subscriptions last from the billing dates of April to April and October to October and are not time-limited depending on the financial year. As an example, a pharmacist who applies in February 2019 will be billed for Pharmacist Membership in April 2019. They will not be billed again until April 2020.
If you have any problems or queries regarding your application please contact the Faculty at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click the links below for the Pharmacist Membership application form, Equal Opportunities Monitoring form and accompanying Direct Debit instructions.
NB: The application form must be submitted electronically via email@example.com