Critical Care Leadership Forum
The Critical Care Leadership Forum (CCLF) was established in 2013 as one of the main recommendations emerging from Collaborating for Quality in Intensive Care (CfQICM). The CCLF is supported by the Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine.
The primary role of the CCLF is to promote UK-wide high quality care for patients with, or at risk, of critical illness through integrating the energies and skills of its participating organisations. The forum aims to act as a single point of reference for accessing specialist advice for national policy initiatives, commissioning, research, audit, education, professional standards and clinical practice.
The forum also provides an opportunity for stakeholders to discuss national policy relevant to the practice of ICM and engage with specialist commissioning board and clinical reference groups as well as establishing and maintaining links with the health structures of the previous health administrations. In this way, the CCLF provides a conduit between the professional and managerial arms of the health services.
Input to projects
The CCLF has given endorsement, acted as an advisory group and spoken on behalf of the Critical care Community on many projects such as:
- Case-Mix Programmes: ICNARC Data Access Advisory Group
- Research via the NIHR Critical Care Specialty Group
- Infection in Critical Care Quality Improvement programme (ICCQIP).
Representatives from work areas as diverse as the NHS England Paediatric Review and the FICM/RCP Enhanced Care Project have undertaken stakeholder engagement at the Forum.
The Forum provides an opportunity for stakeholders to discuss national policy relevant to the practice of ICM and engage with specialist commissioning board and clinical reference groups as well as establishing and maintaining links with the health structures of the previous health administrations.
The organisations currently represented at the CCLF include:
- Association for Cardiothoracic Anaesthesia and Critical Care (ACTACC)
- Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Respiratory Care (ACPRC)
- British Association of Critical Care Nurses (BACCN)
- British Dietetic Association (BDA)
- Critical Care National Nurses Network (CC3N)
- Critical Care Operational Delivery Networks (CCODNs)
- Defence Medical Services (DMS)
- Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine (FICM)
- Intensive and Critical Care workstream of the Getting It Right First Time (GIRFT) initiative
- Intensive Care National Audit & Research Centre (ICNARC)
- Intensive Care Society (ICS)
- National Clinical Reference Group (NCRG)
- National Institute of Health Research Clinical Care Speciality Group (NIHR CCSG)
- NHS Blood and Transplant
- Northern Irish Intensive Care Society (NI-ICS)
- National Outreach Forum (NOrF)
- Neuro Anaesthesia and Critical Care Society (NACCS)
- Paediatric Critical Care Society (PCCS)
- Royal College of Nursing Critical Care & In Flight Forum (RCN–CC&IFF)
- Royal College of Paediatrics & Child Health Specialist Advisory Committee for Paediatric Intensive Care Medicine (RCPCH SAC PICM)
- Scottish Intensive Care Society (SICS)
- Scottish Intensive Care Society Audit Group (SICSAG)
- UK Critical Care Nursing Alliance (UKCCNA)
- United Kingdom Clinical Pharmacy Association (UKCPA)
- Welsh Intensive Care Society (WICS)
- Welsh Critical Care Networks
FICM works with many other organisations.
Find out more about our partners.