- Hospitals / Departments should provide access to relevant and up to date Intensive Care Medicine journals and books relevant to the training of all members of the MDT.
- Critical care units should provide additional access to online clinical resources from within the clinical area relevant to all staff.
- Study leave, in line with contractual agreements, to attend intensive care-related courses and conferences should be provided where appropriate and reasonable to help meet curriculum and PDP requirements.
- Where possible, providing 'on call' (as opposed to resident) out of hours opportunities for Stage 3 trainees is to be encouraged. It is not appropriate for Stage 3 trainees to be the most junior member of the resident ICM medical team.
- Departments are encouraged to provide trainees with appropriate access to IT, rest and accommodation facilities.